Retaliation Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Guide (by Dash and Rel)

Go down

RP Guide (by Dash and Rel) Empty RP Guide (by Dash and Rel)

Post by Randyyyyyyyyyyxx Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Part 1 : The Rules

1.What is role-play? Role-play is the equivalent of what Wrestling Federations consider their promos. Role-play is what gives your character a voice and allows you to describe, either through action or words, what you cannot show in the ring. Here in EIW you are required to role-play at least twice a month or, if you desire, every week. Writing something every week is highly recommended for feuds, rivalries, and the occasional Championship matches.

2.Your commentators on Monday Night Shock are currently Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, and Pat McAfee. Friday Night Rundown commentators include Mauro Ranallo, Tom Philips, and Corey Graves.

3.All of us are diverse individuals but it is important that everyone use the same format when writing their roleplays. Although uniqueness is welcomed, using the correct format makes it easier for the Admin Team to put together the shows. If you desire to discuss certain guidelines, or rules, please ask an Admin or Moderator for assistance.

4.When role-playing, remember you only have control of your own character(s). If you are planning to use someone else’s character in any way shape or form, please make sure you have that individual’s consent to do so. The only time you may have the liberty to do so without consent would be in open role-plays.

5.Please Avoid Spoilers! If you won your match keep it a secret until after the complete show is posted. League members enjoy reading the entire show and it would be unfair for them if you spoiled your match results in a role-play. Refrain from role-playing about a victory until after the show is up or put the spoiler tags.

6. Separation of self and character is very important in the league. Remember that role-play is not reality and what others say do not apply to you but your character. An example is if a member calls your character out or refers to your character in a demeaning way. Remember that the individual is playing a character and not attacking you in real life, so don't take offense. Do realize that you are playing a character as well and should also refrain from taking personal shots. However, if someone is sending personal attacks in their role-play please inform the Admin Team as soon as possible.

Part 2 : Constructing Roleplays

Those who are new to roleplay, or are unfamiliar with the format of roleplaying on RW, please take a minute to look over the guide below.

From a distance, role-playing may seem intimidating or difficult to achieve. However when done correctly, and at your own pace, role-playing is both manageable and fun. Imagination, commitment, and average grammar is required to construct the proper roleplay. With practice and determination, you may find yourself writing role-plays with ease and perhaps achieving recognition while doing it. Down below are common steps needed to role-play in RW.

1. Before doing anything, get an idea of what type of character and story you would like to portray when making your roleplay. Challenge yourself with good questions such as:

. What do I want to say with my character?
. Am I a face or a heel?
. What can I say or do to get people talking about me?
. What can I say or do to stir some character development?
. Is this promo an attention grabber and will it get people talking about my superstar?
. Am I being a generic heel or face, or am I being innovative and creative?
. Do I want to set up a feud with a superstar or do I want to go for one of the titles?

These are very important questions to consider when writing roleplays. Don’t get caught up with trying to be the “best” roleplayer out there and just set goals for yourself. Read other roleplays to help you be creative, innovative and think outside of the box.

2. Now that you have a few ideas in your head, open up a word document, and jot your ideas down on paper. No matter how it looks just write it down. Work with the idea that appeals to you the most. Write down the meat and the heart of what you wish to convey with your character and work your way around it. Make sure to separate the dialogue and action in paragraphs instead of having it joined together.

When writing dialogue use this format:
Superstar Name Here: (Dialogue Here)
Example -
Roman Reigns: “Believe That!”
This of course does not apply with action role-plays.

3. Now you have the essentials of the promo and what you want to say and/or do, next is the delivery. Words are great but are nothing unless accompanied by visuals. This is where we’ll bring commentators, music, pictures and color into your role-play. For coding here are the simple codes that will allow you to add visual to your role-play. Fortunately for you, there isn’t a need to memorize these codes for they are presented in a box right above your text when you’re making a post. All you have to do is click on your desired code and it will appear in your text.

Codes are just above where you write the text, as seen

IMPORTANT: Remember to write or post your links in between the brackets.

4. Lastly, please revise your work. Click the preview button to see how your role-play will appear before posting it to make sure there are no errors or code malfunctions. This will help you trim any rough edges on your role-play.

Part 3 : Put it Together
Okay so now you’ve read the four easy steps to making a good role play but none of that is worth anything unless you know how to put it all together. So this is an example of what an RP will look like when tossing it all together. This will be an example of a simple debut promo using superstar Aliester Black.

Michael Cole - By GOD!! It’s him!! It’s Aliester Black!! We’ve been hearing about Black's debut for weeks and he’s finally here!!

Booker T - Oh man can you feel the energy Michael!? This crowd is going nuts! I can already see this guy is going to be the next big thing in RW!!

Black makes his way out to the RW arena to a surprising standing ovation. Aliester let’s out a soft smile while looking at the crowd. In response the RW Universe cheers louder for this latest signee. Black slowly makes his way down the ramp and inside of the ring. He paces around for a bit embracing the RW universe’s energy before finally getting his hands on a microphone.

Black - I came to Monday Night Shock for one reason and one reason only...

Aliester pauses taking a moment to gaze over at the crowd’s rambunctious attitude. A grin forms upon his lips before parting them yet again.

Black: To tell you all to… shut up.

The once clamorous crowd goes quiet, almost confused and puzzled by this man’s words.

Black: Aww, don’t go silent on me now RW universe. You were just cheering me as if I were the president of the united states. Haha. You all are pathetic, just like every superstar in the back. I’m going to make one thing clear. I’m not here to make friends nor am I here to put smile on you people’s faces. I am only here to win championships and make a name for myself. If that disappoints you people well too damn bad but today is the dawn of the new era. Go ahead mark it on all of your calendars, call a friend, or phone your mother. Tell them and everyone else you know there’s a new leader of this house of wolves… And his name is Aliester Black!

Black tosses the microphone aside as the RW Universe changes their attitude and begins to boo Black with all their might. Aliester laughs to himself while pacing around once again. He slowly raises his right arm again with the devilish grin still planted on his face. The RW Universe continue to boo Black as he would keep his right arm up awaiting his opponent to enter the ring.

END PROMO

Part 4 : Final Points

1. You can role-play virtually anywhere you want. You are not only restricted to role-playing in the ring.

2. You can write after match roleplays but they work a little bit differently. After you defeat your opponent, you have the right to write a role-play that will be placed after your match (this is not required). However, you must send those promos to the Admin Team or a Moderator via private message. If you lose a match you may also write an after match role-play but only if you ask permission from the individual who defeated you.

3. When sending those after match role-plays, make sure you send them to the Admin Team with the CODE tag at the beginning and end of your promo.

4. Your role-play can be as long and/or as short as you desire. For example, think of a role-play as a skirt. Have it long enough to cover what you are trying to convey but short enough to catch the attention of the viewer. You don’t want to write a novel but you don’t want to type out five sentences either. Find that balance and work with it.

5. After writing a role-play you can either type in END PROMO to end your role-play or TBC, meaning “to be continued” by whomever you want. You can either TBC a certain superstar (which means only they will be able to reply to your promo) or type in TBC anyone, to leave it open to everyone. It is up to you which you choose and who you want to interact with. However be careful when putting “TBC:anyone” because it leaves room for anything and everything to happen. It is the edgier and more unexpected choice to go with, leaving you open to both encouraging words or attacks from other superstars.

6. Make your character your own. Don’t feel pressured to roleplay a certain way or to play your superstar the way he/she is on WWE. Make them your own and add your own twist into your superstar.

7. Lastly have fun with your work. Don’t take everything seriously, find the enjoyment in roleplaying. The more work and effort you put into your work, the more attention and momentum you will obtain. Therefore, pushing you to be just that much closer to being the new next big thing in RW.

Enjoy and have fun!

(Credit to Dash and Rel from PWG for allowing us to use this)

Randyyyyyyyyyyxx
Randyyyyyyyyyyxx
Admin

https://retwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum